Partnership with Wyoming Center on Aging
We’ve partnered with the Wyoming Center on Aging, the UW Department of Psychology and LIV More to bring caregivers great resource options, including those caring for a loved one with Dementia!
ARE YOU A CAREGIVER?
DO YOU KNOW A CAREGIVER?
ARE YOU CARING FOR SOMEONE WITH DEMENTIA?
We understand that caring for someone, can be a very hard, stressful, full-time job.
- Appetite changes – eating too much or too little
- Depression, hopelessness, feelings of alienation
- Lack of energy to do new things
- Losing control, physically or emotionally
- Excessive use of alcohol, medications or sleeping pills
- Trouble falling asleep or staying asleep
- Neglect or rough treatment of the person being cared for
- Difficulty concentrating
- Missing appointments1
HOW TO AVOID CAREGIVER BURNOUT…
- Accept help. Be prepared with a list of ways that others can help you, and let the helper choose what he or she would like to do.
- Focus on what you can provide. It’s normal to feel guilty sometimes but understand that no one is a “perfect” caregiver. You are doing the best you can and making the best decisions you can at any given time.
- Set realistic goals. Break large tasks into smaller steps that you can do one at a time. Prioritize, make lists and establish a daily routine. Say no to tasks that are draining, and call LIV More (more on that in a minute).
- Get connected. Find out about caregiving resources in your community. Many communities have classes specifically about the disease your loved one is facing. Caregiving services such as transportation, meal delivery or housekeeping may be available (cough, LIV More)
- Join a support group. They can provide validation and encouragement, as well as problem-solving strategies for difficult situations.
- Seek social support. Staying well connected with family and friends who can offer non-judgmental support is great.
- Set personal health goals. Getting good sleep, being physically active, eating a healthy diet, drinking plenty of water are all great things to do.2
We’ve partnered with the UW Department of Psychology and Wyoming Center on Aging, WYCOA, to provide some amazing services for those affected by Dementia.
WYCOA’s mission is to enhance the dementia-capability of our community through education, and the provision of home and community-based services.
SO, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?…
The Wyoming Center on Aging received a grant to enhance Dementia-Capable care in Albany County. “The goal for most people who have Alzheimer’s disease, or related dementia is to remain in their homes and communities,” says Robin Berry, the grant’s project director. “This funding will allow us to help make that a reality for more people in Albany County.”
That’s where we, at LIV Health come in. We provide community-based services to help you. One of our highly trained case managers can provide tons of services and resources to help care for you or your loved one.
Tailored Caregiver Assessment & Referral System, or TCARE®, can help to identify caregivers’ risk of stress and burnout and equip family caregivers with the right resourced and services based on tailored care plans for every unique caregiving journey.
THE TCARE® PROGRAM CAN:
- Lower your stress
- Improve your health
- Help you communicate with other family members
- Improve care for your family member
- Extend the time that you can care for your family member at home3
HOW DO I GET STARTED?
It starts with a prescreen to identify the level of stress and caregiving burnout risk. Based on the results, they may be connected with a TCARE® consultant (i.e. LIV Health) to create a tailored care plan to support their caregiving journey.
The assessment considers not only the “what & how much” of daily caregiving but the emotional stress, identity change & other key social proven to be leading indicators of caregiver burnout.4
“I can’t tell you how much this meant to me. It’s the first time in a long time that I didn’t feel alone in this process…As a caregiver, for the first time in six years, I felt hopeful that I was not alone!
- Washington Caregiver
“I recommend TCARE® to anyone I meet who is a caregiver. Since using TCARE®, I realized that I am a caregiver, not just a wife.”
- Georgia Caregiver
“Finally, someone is asking me the right questions.”
- Washington Caregiver4
2 words… LIV More
Our sister company, LIV More, can help with short term respite care, socialization, planning outings, companionship, and so much more.
Does the person you care for want to go golfing, we can set that up, and even take them! Do they want to do something as simple as taking a walk around the block, we can do that too! LIV More also offers money management services: budgeting, monitoring expenses, paying monthly expenses, keeping you free from scammers, and more. Also, transportation services for those who want to go grocery shopping, or to the park…
For more information about LIV More’s services and rates, visit us online by clicking below, or call 307.460.8311.