We offer our services through Telemedicine
Getting started is easy, click the link that was sent to your email to get started. If you have a virtual appointment and didn’t receive a link please send an email to email@example.com.
If you’ve been curious about telemedicine and how it works, check below for some frequently asked questions, and a step-by-step guide on how to get started!
What is telemedicine?
Telemedicine is a health care or mental health visit with a provider, outside of the traditional bricks and mortar clinic, over a HIPPA compliant, Skype/Facetime type application using your computer, tablet or smartphone. These virtual visits are real-time, and you interact directly with the healthcare or mental health provider using their devices from home, work, or any other place in Wyoming.
How do I get started with Telemedicine?
- Use a computer or device that has a camera/microphone; desktop computer, laptop, or cell phone works best
- If you have a virtual appointment set up you should receive a link in your email. Click on that link and it will take you directly to either Google Hangouts, Google Meet, or Zoom.
- Allow your browser to use your webcam and microphone.
- Your care provider will start your visit, that’s it.
Here are some tips before getting started…
- Make sure you have a good internet connection
- Restart your device before the visit
Who can use telemedicine?
Telemedicine is available in Wyoming statewide for those who are in a rural area and don’t have access to, or any available services in their area. Not sure if you qualify for telemedicine visits? That’s ok, give us a call at 307-630-4729 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, we’re happy to help!