Grace For 2 Brothers
Have you heard of Grace for 2 Brothers?
They are a local non-profit whose primary mission is suicide prevention through awareness, education, and support. Formed in 2010 by BJ Ayers, Grace for 2 Brothers Foundation continues its critical work for the community of Cheyenne and throughout Wyoming. The foundation provides resource information and assistance to those who know someone in crisis, to those who are currently in crisis, and provides support to caregivers and survivors of suicide loss.
Their website, gracefor2brothers.com, is an amazing resource filled with information about all the things, including:
- Resources for coping with the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Suicide Facts and Warning Signs
- Adolescent Suicide
- Resources for Attempt Survivors and Caregivers
- First Responders and Military
- LGBTQ Community – coming soon!
- Suicide Loss and Grief Support
- and ways for you to get involved
- Worldwide there are more deaths due to suicide than to accidents, homicides, and war combined.
- Over 47,000 people in the U.S. die by suicide every year.
- Currently, suicide is the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S. and the 2nd leading cause of death in youth.
- Every day, approximately 123 Americans take their own life.
- One person dies by suicide every 12 minutes in the U.S.
- Suicide rates for teens and young adults here in the U.S. are currently the highest ever recorded with 6 per 100,000 youth dying by suicide each year.
- 83% of Wyoming Junior High and High School male students, and 51% of female students, reported that they had considered suicide within the last year.
- 19% of 6th graders reported that they had considered suicide within the last year.
So, what can you do?
- Pay attention. Early recognition and treatment of psychiatric illnesses like depression. Certain personality disorders, such as borderline and antisocial personality disorders, as well as impulsivity tend do be a higher risk factor for suicide.
- Don’t discount their feelings.
- Look at suicide as a cry for help.
- Be a good listener.
- Encourage them to get help.
- Don’t be afraid to ask about their feelings.
- If they are in danger, don’t leave them alone.
- Don’t keep it a secret.
Ways to get involved.
Grace for 2 Brothers offers different events and training’s throughout the year where you can get involved. This year, with COVID-19 those events and training’s may look a bit different so make sure to check out their website for more info!
Where to find Grace for 2 Brothers.
Grace for 2 Brothers is located at 1603 Capitol Ave, #410 in Cheyenne. You can reach them by emailing email@example.com, and you can of course learn more on their website, and go give them a like on Facebook and Instagram!