5 Easy Recipes in Under 30 Minutes
Busy weeknights call for easy meals. Easy and delicious meals! So today we’re sharing 5 easy recipes in under 30 minutes! If you make these, tag us on social media @livhealthsocial! We would also love to know what your go-to easy meals are! Share them with us at email@example.com!
Egg Roll in a Bowl.
Recipe by Brittany Mullins eatingbirdfood.com
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 2 tsp. fresh ginger, grated or minced
- 1/4 c. chopped yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1-12 oz. package coleslaw or broccoli slaw mix
- 3 T. coconut aminos (or low-sodium tamari or soy sauce)
- 1 tsp. sambal oelek paste
- 2 green onions, chopped
- sriracha, for serving (optional)
- sesame seeds and cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Brown ground chicken or turkey in a large skillet. Break meat into smaller pieces as it cooks using a wooden spoon or spatula and season with a little salt and pepper. Cook for about 6-8 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Remove from heat.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, add sesame oil. Once hot, add onion, garlic, and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 3-5 minutes. Add coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots) into the skillet. Toss and add coconut aminos and sambal oelek paste. Cook for another 3-5 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Add cooked mean back to the pan. Taste and add more coconut aminos or sambal, if needed.
- Portion into bowls and top each with green onions and a drizzle of sriracha, sesame seeds, and cilantro (if using).
Secondly, we have
No Cook Burrito Bowls
- 4 c. cooked chicken, diced, shredded or sliced
- 2 c. frozen sweet corn
- 1/2 c. salsa
- 1-14 oz. can black beans (drained)
- 1-7 oz. can diced green chilis
- 1 head romaine lettuce, shredded
- Green onion (diced)
- Gather four meal prep containers and add 1 c. diced chicken, 1/2 c. sweet corn and 1/4 of the shredded lettuce.
- Divide the can of bean evenly among all 4 containers.
- Next, divide the green chili’s evenly among the containers.
- Top with 2 T. salsa, and 1/4 of the diced green onion.
- 5. Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat!
Turkey Taco Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Recipe by Dara Michalski Cookin’ Canuck
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground cumin (divided)
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp. ground pepper
- 3/4 lb lean (93%) ground turkey
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/4 c. canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 c. grated pepper jack cheese
- 2 T. minced flat-leaf parsley
- Pierce the sweet potatoes all over with a fork. Cook in the microwave on high until tender when pierced with a fork, 4-5 minutes per side. Let the potatoes rest until cool enough to handle.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop the flesh out of the potatoes and place in a medium-sized bowl. Reserve the skins. With the back of a fork, mash the potato flesh until most lumps are gone. Stir in the olive oil, 1/2 tsp. cumin, 1/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Divide the mashed sweet potato evenly between the potato skins. Place on a baking sheet.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Add the ground turkey and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through. Stir in the garlic, chili powder, remaining 3/4 tsp. cumin, oregano, paprika, and remaining 1/8 tsp. salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute. Stir in the crushed tomatoes.
- Preheat the broiler. Spoon the turkey mixture into each sweet potato skin. Top each with 1 T. grated cheese. Broil until the cheese is melted, about 30 seconds. Garnish with parsley. Serve.
20 Minute Chicken and Broccoli Pasta
Recipe by smartschoolhouse.com
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 c. all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 T. olive oil
- 4 c. broccoli florets (steamed)
- 1 lb Orrechiette pasta or Rotini pasta
- 3/4 c. butter (salted)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 T. flour
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. pepper 1/8 tsp. salt
- Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain and set aside.
- For Chicken: In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium high heat. On a large plate mix together flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Dredge chicken breasts in flour mixture and shake off excess. Place in hot oil and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side of until chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan and place on a clean plate to rest.
- For Sauce: In a medium sauce pan, heat butter over medium high heat. Add in garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Pour in heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Turn heat down to low and stir until cheese is melted and everything is heated through. Taste for seasoning.
Lastly we have to share with you…
Grilled Cheeseburger Wrap
Recipe by organizeyourselfskinny.com
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 T. Worchetershire sauce
- 1 T. ketchup
- 1 T. grated parmesan
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper 5 medium wraps
- 5 sliced american cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes (sliced)
- Diced onions
- 1 c. Romaine lettuce
- Additional ketchup (optional)
- Mustard (optional)
- Mayo (optional)
- In a medium to large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the beef on medium until almost cooked through but still a little pink (about 7-10 minutes). Break beef up as it cooks.
- Add Worcestershire, ketchup, grated Parmesan, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the beef. Mix together until thoroughly combines.
- Continue cooking until beef is cooked all the way through and is no longer pink.
- In the center of the wrap place a slice of cheese and 1/2 c. of the beef mixture. Add tomato and lettuce. Then if you are using, and it is highly recommended you add some ketchup, mustard and a little mayo. Roll up and enjoy.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the rest of the wraps.